Name and definition
Chinese name: 电锤
English name: rotary hammer
Definition: An electric rotary hammer drill with safety clutch with pneumatic hammer mechanism.
With electric tools, electric hammer is a type of electric drill, mainly used for drilling holes in concrete, floor, brick wall and stone. It specializes in drilling holes on walls, concrete, and stone, as well as multi-function electric hammers, which can be used in place of ordinary electric drills and electric pickaxes when adjusted to appropriate positions and equipped with appropriate drill bits.
The electric hammer is based on the electric drill, adding a piston with a crankshaft connecting rod driven by an electric motor, reciprocatingly compressing air in a cylinder, so that the air pressure in the cylinder changes periodically, and the changing air pressure drives the hammer in the cylinder to reciprocate Strike the top of the drill bit as if we hit the drill bit with a hammer. Named the electric hammer!
As the drill bit of the electric hammer rotates at the same time, it also produces rapid reciprocating motion (frequent impact) in the direction of the electric drill rod, so it can quickly drill holes in materials such as cement concrete and stone with high brittleness. The high-end electric hammer can use the change-over switch to make the drill bit of the electric hammer in different working states, that is, it only rotates without impact, and only impacts and does not rotate.
What are the characteristics of a good electric hammer
1. Good shock absorption system: it can make the operator comfortable to hold and relieve fatigue. The way to achieve: through the 'vibration control system'; through the soft rubber handle to increase the grip comfort.
2. Accurate speed control switch: when the switch is touched, the speed is low, which can help the machine to start drilling smoothly (for example, drilling on a smooth surface such as ceramic tiles, which can not only prevent the drill bit from slipping, but also prevent the drill hole from breaking. Normal work High speed can be used to ensure work efficiency.
3. Stable and reliable safety clutch: also known as torque limiting clutch, to avoid the transmission of large torque reaction force caused by the bit stuck during use to the user, which is a safety protection for the user. This feature also prevents the gear unit and motor from stopping.
4. Comprehensive motor protection device: During use, it is inevitable that granular hard objects will enter the machine (especially drilling the machine upwards, such as drilling the top of the wall), if the motor does not have certain protection, rotate at high speed It is easy to break or scratch the enameled wire with hard objects, which will eventually lead to the failure of the motor.
5. Positive and negative rotation function: It can make the electric hammer more widely used. Its implementation form is mainly achieved by switching or adjusting the position of the carbon brush. Usually, big-name tools will use the adjustment of the position of the carbon brush (rotating brush holder) to achieve this. The advantage of doing it is that it is easy to operate, effectively suppress sparks to protect the commutator, and extend the service life of the motor.
6. Double function of hammer drill:
Advantages: The advantages are high efficiency, large aperture and long drilling depth.
Disadvantages: The disadvantage is that the vibration is large, which has a certain degree of damage to surrounding structures. Reinforcement in the concrete structure cannot be passed smoothly, and due to the scope of work, it cannot be too close to the building.
Working principle: The principle of the electric hammer is that the transmission mechanism drives the drill bit to make a rotary motion, and there is also a reciprocating hammering motion in a direction perpendicular to the rotary head. The electric hammer drives the piston to reciprocate compressed air in a cylinder by the transmission mechanism. The periodic change of air pressure in the cylinder drives the hammer in the cylinder to reciprocate against the top of the brick. It seems that we hit the brick with a hammer, so it is called an electric hammer!
Power tools are a kind of low-value consumables, so they have great market development potential. It is known in the commodity wholesale market that sales of power tools such as electric hammers are relatively popular. Foreign trade sales are mainly concentrated in Europe, America and the Middle East. Therefore, the electric hammer is very easy to use!
Safety operation rules of electric hammer
1. Personal protection when using electric hammer:
1. The operator should wear protective glasses to protect his eyes, and wear a protective mask when working with the face up.
2. Keep earplugs in place for long-term operations to mitigate the effects of noise.
3. The drill bit is in a hot state after long-term operation, and you should pay attention to burn your skin when replacing it.
4. The side handle should be used during operation, and it should be operated with both hands, so that the arm will be sprained by the reaction force when the rotation is blocked.
5. When working on a ladder or working at a high place, measures for falling from a high place should be taken, and the ladder should be supported by ground personnel.
2. Matters needing attention before operation:
1. Confirm whether the power supply connected to the site matches the nameplate of the electric hammer. Whether there is a leakage protector.
2. The drill bit and the gripper should be adapted and properly installed.
3. When drilling walls, ceilings, and floors, you should first confirm whether there are buried cables or pipes.
4. When working in high places, pay full attention to the safety of the objects and pedestrians below, and set warning signs if necessary.
5. Confirm whether the switch on the hammer is cut off. If the power switch is turned on, the power tool will turn unexpectedly immediately when the plug is inserted into the power socket, which may cause personal injury.
6. If the working place is far away from the power source, when the cable needs to be extended, sufficient capacity should be used to install a qualified extension cable. The extension cable should be elevated or pass through measures to prevent the cable from being damaged by rolling.