Electric drills are drilling tools that use electricity as power, are conventional products in power tools, and are the most demanded power tool products. There are many kinds of electric drills on the market, and all kinds of fancy brands are dazzling, leaving many consumers wondering where to start. How to buy a home electric drill correctly? What are the common classifications of household electric drills?
Electric drills can be divided into three categories: hand electric drills, impact drills, and hammer drills.
1. Hand electric drill: The power is the smallest, and the scope of use is limited to drilling wood and being an electric screwdriver. It does not have much practical value, and it is not recommended to buy it.
2. Impact drill: You can drill wood, iron and brick, but you can't drill concrete. Some impact drills indicate that drillable concrete is actually not feasible, but it is absolutely suitable for drilling ceramic tiles and cement with a thin outer layer of brick. No problem.
3. Hammer Drill (Electric Hammer): It can drill holes in any material and has the widest scope of use.
The prices of these three kinds of electric drills are arranged from low to high, and the functions are also increasing. How to choose them specifically needs to be combined with their respective scope of application and requirements.
How to buy a home electric drill?
1. The choice of the size of the electric drill bit: As the size of the electric drill bit increases, its price will also increase. The size of the electric drill bit for the home is generally 20mm.
2. Selection of additional functions of electric drill: There are some additional functions of the same model. For example, the model with R means that the drill bit can be reversed. The advantage is that when the forward rotation is not possible, it can be converted to reverse; An E indicates that the electric drill can be adjusted in speed. When a high speed is not needed, it can be adjusted to a low speed.
3. The use of electric drill: Take the indoor ceiling as an example, the ceiling is made of reinforced concrete, such as using an impact drill to drill holes will take a lot of effort, but it will not occur when using it to hit the wall, so the impact drill is suitable Daily use in the family, but for the punching staff, the hammer drill should be preferred. When hitting the wall, the hammer drill will be more labor-saving than the impact drill. The key is that the structure and working principle of the two are different. In the process of using the hammer drill, people need to continuously apply force to make it rotate, and when using the hammer drill , Only need to apply a little force at the beginning to make the drill bit move forward automatically.
4. Observe the outer packaging of the electric drill. The outer packaging of the tool should be clear and free of damage. The plastic box should be strong. The buckle for opening the plastic box should be firm and durable.
5. Observe the appearance of the electric drill. The appearance of the tool should be uniform in color. There should be no obvious shadows and dents on the surface of the plastic parts. There should be no scratches or bumps. The assembly dislocation between the shell parts is ≤0.5mm. The aluminum casting paint is smooth and beautiful. No defect, the surface of the machine should be free of oil stains and stains. When you hold it with your hands, you feel better about yourself, and the handle of the switch should be flat. The length of the cable should generally not be less than 2 meters.
6. Check the nameplate and instruction manual of the electric drill. The nameplate parameters of the tool should be consistent with those on the 3C certificate. The manufacturer's and manufacturer's detailed address and contact information should be on the instruction manual. The traceable batch number of the product shall be on the nameplate or certificate of conformity.
7. Hold the electric drill by hand, turn on the power, and frequently operate the switch by hand to make the tool start frequently, and observe whether the on-off function of the tool switch is reliable. At the same time, observe whether there are any abnormal phenomena on the TV set and fluorescent lamp on site. In order to confirm whether the tool is equipped with an effective radio interference suppressor.
8. The electric drill runs for one minute after being powered on, and it should be held by hand during operation. The hand should not notice any abnormal vibration. Observe the reversing spark. The reversing spark should not exceed the level, generally from the air inlet of the tool Look, there should be no obvious arc on the surface of the commutator. During operation, there should be no abnormal noise.