The following is a complete list of how to use the electric drill, including personal protection when using the electric drill, precautions before operation, correct operation of the electric drill, maintenance and inspection of the electric drill, etc., and how to replace the drill bit.
一 Daquan usage methods
1. Personal protection when using electric drills
1) Wear a protective face shield when working face up. Wear protective glasses when drilling holes in cast iron castings to protect your eyes.
2) The drill holder should be properly installed.
3) The drill is in a hot state during the operation, and you should pay attention to burn the skin.
4) When drilling a hand-held electric drill with a diameter of 12mm or more, a pistol drill with a side handle should be used.
5) When working on a ladder or working at a height, measures should be taken for falling from a height, and the ladder should be supported by ground personnel.
2. Matters needing attention before operation
1) Confirm whether the power supply connected to the site matches the nameplate of the electric drill. Whether there is a leakage protector.
2) The drill bit and the gripper should be matched and properly installed.
3) Make sure that the switch on the electric drill is in the locked state, otherwise the electric drill will turn unexpectedly immediately when the plug is inserted into the power outlet, which may cause personal injury.
4) If the working place is far away from the power source, when the extension cable is required, the extension cable with sufficient capacity should be installed and qualified. The extension cable should be elevated or pass through measures to prevent the cable from being damaged by rolling.
3. Correct operation method of electric drill
1) Drilling holes in metal materials should first be used to punch foreign holes at the drilled position.
2) When drilling larger holes, use a small drill to drill through before using a large drill.
3) If you need to drill holes in metal for a long time, you can take certain cooling measures to keep the drill bit sharp.
4) Drilling chips generated during drilling are strictly prohibited to be cleaned directly by hand, and special tools should be used to clean the chips.
4. Maintenance and inspection
1) Check the drill bit: The use of a dull or bent drill bit will make the overload surface of the motor abnormal and reduce the operating efficiency. Therefore, if such a situation is found, it should be dealt with and replaced immediately.
2) Check the tightening screws of the electric drill body: Check the tightening of the mounting screws of the electric drill body before use. If the screws are loose, they should be re-tightened immediately, otherwise it will cause the electric drill to malfunction.
3) Check the carbon brush: The carbon brush on the motor is a consumable. Once the wear level exceeds the limit, the motor will malfunction. Therefore, the worn carbon brush should be replaced immediately. In addition, the carbon brush must always be kept clean.
4) Inspection of protective ground wire: The protective ground wire is an important measure to protect personal safety. Therefore, Class Ⅰ appliances (metal enclosures) should be checked frequently and their enclosures should be well grounded.
二 How to change the drill bit of the electric drill?
Generally, the way of changing the drill bit of the electric drill and the impact electric drill is the same, just because the drill chuck on the drill bit is divided into a self-tightening drill chuck and a hand-tight drill chuck. When replacing the drill bit, we need to hold the drill chuck in one hand and turn on the reverse switch of the electric drill, so simply replace the original drill bit, and use the same method to put the drill bit up. Of course, don’t forget the forward and reverse of the switch. Call back, if it is a hand-tight drill chuck, it can be replaced by opening the drill chuck key once.