The difference between twist drill and impact drill
The difference between twist drill and impact drill
1. Impact drill
Impact drills rely on rotation and impact to work. A single impact is very slight, but a frequency of more than 40,000 impacts per minute can produce a continuous force. Can be used for natural stone or concrete. There are adjustment knobs at the drill chuck during impact drill work, which can be adjusted in two ways: ordinary hand drill and impact drill. However, the impact drill uses the gears on the inner shaft to jump to achieve the impact effect, but the impact force is far less than the electric hammer. It is not suitable for drilling reinforced concrete.
2. Twist drill
A twist drill is a tool that drills a round hole of a work piece by rotating cutting relative to a fixed axis. It is named after its spiral flute that resembles a twist. Spiral grooves have 2 grooves, 3 grooves or more grooves, but 2 grooves are the most common. Twist drills can be clamped on manual, electric hand-held drilling tools or drilling machines, milling machines, lathes and even machining centers. The bit material is generally high-speed tool steel or cemented carbide.
3. What is the difference between twist drill and impact drill
The impact drill is improved on the basis of the twist drill to make it suitable for various operational requirements. The shape can be understood in this way. The twist drill is a simple shank + spiral, and the impact drill is mostly a shank + spiral + flat head.
4. Where are they used?
Twist drills are generally drilled metal. Construction drills are actually impact drills, which are mostly used for drilling holes such as concrete masonry.
How to use twist drill
1. When using, remove the drill bit from the packaging box and install it in the spring collet of the spindle or in the tool magazine for automatic drill bit replacement.
2. Regularly check the concentricity of the spindle and the spring chuck and the clamping force of the spring chuck. If the concentricity is not good, it will cause the small diameter drill to break the drill and the hole diameter is large. The poor clamping force will cause the actual speed and setting. The rotation speed does not match, and the chuck and the twist drill slip.
3. The depth positioning of the CNC machine tool using the positioning ring must be accurate. If the positioning ring is not used, the elongation of the drill bit to the spindle must be adjusted uniformly. The multi-spindle drilling machine should pay more attention to this point. The drilling depth must be consistent. If it is inconsistent, it may cause the drill bit to reach the table or fail to penetrate the circuit board and cause scrap.
4. A 40x stereo microscope can be used to check the wear of the cutting edge of the drill bit.
5. Regularly check the spindle presser foot. The contact surface of the presser foot must be horizontal and vertical to the main shaft, and should not be shaken to prevent drill breakage and deviation holes in the drilling.
6. The clamping length of the fixed shank twist drill bit on the spring chuck is 4-5 times the diameter of the drill shank to clamp it firmly.
7. The substrate stack including the upper and lower backing plates should be firmly positioned and laid flat in a hole and slot positioning system on the workbench of the drilling machine. The use of adhesive tape should prevent the drill bit from sticking to the cutting tape on the tape, causing difficulty in chip removal and broken drill.
8. The dust suction effect of the drilling machine is better, the dust suction air can reduce the temperature of the drill bit, and at the same time take away the dust to reduce the friction and generate high temperature. Timely regrinding can increase the use and regrind times of twist drills, extend the life of the drills, and reduce production costs and expenses.
How to use impact drill
1. Before using the impact drill, plug in the power supply to see whether the power supply and the rated 220V voltage on the impact drill match. Do not mistakenly connect to the 380V power supply.
2. Before using the electric hammer drill, carefully check the insulation protection of the body. If the broken copper wire is exposed, immediately wrap it with insulating tape to check for loose screws on the body of the hand drill.
3. According to the permissible range of the impact drill, install a standard drill bit that matches, and do not forcibly use a drill bit that exceeds the range.
4. When the impact drill is used with electricity, the wire should be well protected. It must not be dragged on sharp metal objects to prevent rolling and cutting, and do not drag the wire into oil and chemical solvents to avoid corrosion of the wire.
5. The power socket of the impact drill is equipped with a leakage switch device. If it is found that the impact drill has leakage, abnormal vibration, high heat or abnormal sound, stop working immediately, find an electrician to check and repair in time, and eliminate the fault.
6. When replacing the drill bit for the impact drill, use a special wrench and drill to lock the key. It is strictly prohibited to hammer the impact drill with a hammer or screwdriver.