The main components of the hand electric drill: drill chuck, output shaft, gear, rotor, stator, casing, switch and cable.
Hand electric drill (pistol drill)-a tool for drilling metal materials, wood, plastics, etc. It can be used as electric screwdriver when it is equipped with positive and negative switch and electronic speed control device. Some models are equipped with rechargeable batteries, which can work normally without an external power supply within a certain period of time.
Special model: Right-angle electric drill --- suitable for use in narrow working spaces. (The electric drill head is 90 degrees from the fuselage, and the required working space is reduced.
Classification of electric drills
According to the structure, it can be divided into one-way single-speed drilling and multi-speed forward and reverse drilling.
According to the shape of the handle, it can be divided into double-sided handle, gun handle, rear bracket, ring handle, etc.
According to the scope of use of hand electric drills are divided into standard, heavy and light. Heavy-duty electric drills have relatively large output power and torque, and are mainly used for drilling high-quality steel and other various steels. They have high drilling efficiency and can apply large axial forces; the output power and torque of light electric drills are both Smaller, mainly used for drilling non-ferrous metals, cast iron, plastics and other materials, ordinary steel can also be used, but it should not apply too much axial force. The performance and application range of standard electric drills are between heavy and light.
According to different types of power sources, there are single-phase string drills, DC drills, and three-phase AC drills. DC electric drill power sources generally use rechargeable batteries. At present, DC electric drills have been widely used.
Common hand drill bits
Twist drill bit --- most suitable for iron, aluminum alloy and other materials. It can also be used to beat wooden materials, but the positioning is not accurate and easy to be distorted.
Hole opener --- suitable for opening holes in iron and wood materials.
Wood drill bit --- specially used for playing wood materials. With a positioning rod for precise positioning.
Glass drill bit --- suitable for drilling holes in glass.
It cannot be used to drill cement and brick walls. Otherwise, it is easy to overload the motor and burn the motor. The key lies in the lack of impact mechanism in the motor and low bearing capacity.
Common models GBM13, GBM 13RE.
Model analysis: GBM: electric drill, 13: the maximum drilling diameter of 13mm on steel, R: positive and negative, E: electronic speed regulation
Selection and common accessories
Type selection key: 1. Maximum drilling diameter; 2. Power; 3. Forward and reverse rotation; 4. Electronic speed regulation;
Commonly used accessories: twist drills.
What is the use of hand electric drill
1. Drilling holes in metal materials should first be used to punch foreign eyes at the drilled position.
2. When drilling larger holes, use a small drill to drill through in advance, and then use a large drill to drill.
3. If you need to drill holes in metal for a long time, you can take certain cooling measures to keep the drill bit sharp.
4. Drilling chips generated during drilling are strictly prohibited to be cleaned directly by hand, and special tools should be used to remove the chips.
In addition to strictly complying with the safety production regulations and drill press safety and technical operation regulations of this regulation, the following items should also be observed.
1. Check the handle of the electric drill and the power lead before work to ensure good insulation and wear insulated gloves during operation.
2. Leakage phenomenon is found during operation. If the motor heat generation exceeds the specified level, and the rotation speed suddenly becomes slow or there is abnormal noise, it should be immediately stopped and referred to an electrician for inspection and maintenance.
3. The drill bit must be tightened, and it should be lightly pressed at the beginning to prevent the drill from breaking.
4. When drilling upwards, only use the jack to hold the drill.
5. Align the hole before starting the electric drill. It is forbidden to hold the drill pipe against the hole while turning.
6. When drilling thin plates, wood boards must be used. Drill bits are required. When drilling round shafts, triangular irons should be placed below to prevent movement. For example, iron plates must be fixed when thick iron plates are drilled with large drills to prevent the workpiece from rotating and hurting people.